The park is situated a short drive across the Ottawa river into Quebec. Highway 5 runs parallel to the park with several exits to enter the park. This is a great family trip to the country where your children can run and play while you decompress from your work week grind. Listen to the sound of the park, crunch through the paths of fallen leaves, and visualize the preparation of nature's looming winter. Crisp cool air is fresh and will fill your lungs with energy as you hike one of the many trails. Watch squirrels leap and scurry around the forest floor foraging for food. Take a canoe and glide across a serene lake of blue surrounded by a palette of red and orange colors. Don't forget to stop and just breathe in the rhapsody of color that surrounds your Gatineau trip. If you are in driving distance to the park there is no reason not to explore its wonder.
The seasonal color will vary from year to year but is usually going to peak in early to mid-late October. You can track the color changes at Gatineau park on the Quebec tourism website. The park visitors centre is open during the season from 9am - 5pm. The park offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy a variety of activities that include cycling, hiking, swimming and camping. There are accommodations in the park for those interested until October 9 for the summer season. However since the distance is so near to Ottawa and Hull there are many options in those cities and areas around the park.
The winter camping season begins in November for those interested in tents, yurts or cabins. Cross-country skiing is a very popular winter activity.
Top 12 Reasons to Visit the Park
Photos Taken in 2016
- Blue Water and Fall Color Blue Water and Fall Color
- Driveway to Autumn Color Driveway to Autumn Color
- Hike in Gatineau for Gold Hike in Gatineau for Gold
- Gatineau Paints Beautiful Canvases Gatineau Paints Beautiful Canvases
- Look Down for Autumn Color Look Down for Autumn Color
- A Gateway to Color A Gateway to Color
- Breathtaking Lake Views Breathtaking Lake Views
- Red Maple Color Red Maple Color
- Red Canoe With A View Red Canoe With A View
- Reflection of Color in Gatineau Park Reflection of Color in Gatineau Park
- Towers of Gold Towers of Gold
- Silence of Color Silence of Color
Notes from the Video Producers
Gatineau Park - Aerial photography of fall colours at Gatineau Park taken by Topview.camera using a DJI drone via YouTube Capture aerialphotographyottawa.com Aerial photography Ottawa