Hot summer breezes whip through coarse textures of foliage on the hillsides that overlook some of the best beaches in Europe. You can easily reach a couple of outstanding beaches while in the port at Cagliari. During our visit we had the opportunity to see Spiaggia S'Acqua Durci, Chai Beach and Tuerredda Beach with our guide. These all feature natural habitats with water lapping on sandy beaches with blue waters that transition from turquoise to cobalt blues. The waters are also reasonably warm during most of the summer season compared to many beaches in the Mediterranean.
Exploring Southern Sardinia
In our featured Sardinia in 4K video by skigh.tv they have captured the natural beauty of southern Sardinia around the capital city of Cagliari. We loved the classic intro with a cat that is just so typical of a Mediterranean island. The videographer does an excellent job of keeping the viewer interested with interesting points of view and camera techniques. This travel film gives you a superb three minute preview of what a visit to Cagliari and the surrounding area offers to a one-day cruise excursion traveler or a longer visit. If you have been thinking about planning a trip to Sardinia then relax at work or home and take an immersive experience of the southern island by watching the video.
Travel Photos Cagliari Sardinia Italy
During our one day in port in Sardinia we captured some of the natural beauty of the coastal areas to the west of Cagliari. Explore the gallery and find 15 reasons why you might want to find a cruise with Cagliari as a port of call or just visit the island in general.
- Spiaggia S'Acqua Durci-beach Spiaggia S'Acqua Durci-beach
- Hike Up Sandy Hillsides Hike Up Sandy Hillsides
- Southern Sardinia Beaches Southern Sardinia Beaches
- Tuerredda Beach Arrival Tuerredda Beach Arrival
- Dreaming in Hues of Blue and Green Dreaming in Hues of Blue and Green
- Your Someday Trip To Sardinia Your Someday Trip To Sardinia
- Nature In Balance With Fun Nature In Balance With Fun
- Take An Off Road Tour Take An Off Road Tour
- More Coastal Views More Coastal Views
- Cagliari Sardinia Cagliari Sardinia
- Capturing the Capturing the
- Goats and Sheep Goats and Sheep
- Exploring The Countryside Exploring The Countryside
- Views And Lagoons Views And Lagoons
- Wildflowers in Spring Wildflowers in Spring
- Lots Of Amazing Beach Views Lots Of Amazing Beach Views
- The Tide Is Out The Tide Is Out
Some Trip Facts for Sardinia
Many would say that you haven't really seen the island if you have not seen a herd of goats or sheep. The island has a history of many of the locals having the occupation of shepherds. The island has over 4 million sheep.
The best times to visit Sardinia for the beaches is May to October as Sardinians love to boast that they have some of the longest summers in Europe. Summer weather can be hot but winds provide some relief on the beaches.
Wine tours with samplings of local cheese are a popular excursion on the island for those that are not looking for a beach venue.
For those that like to do more than grab a fork and put a sample of local cuisine in their mouths, cooking classes are an option. This is after all an Italian island so why not learn to make some pasta with some delicious local cheeses.