Best of Valletta Malta
Valetta offers a traveler rich experiences in culture, religion, environment and history. Valletta is named after its founder, the Grand Master of the Order of St. John, Jean Parisot de la Valette. The island of Malta has over 7000 years of history with unique architectural collections and many areas continuously being restored especially in Valletta. The Museum of Archaeology in Valletta houses a collection of prehistoric artifacts. The War Museum at Fort St. Elmo may surprise you with the gun batteries on the port fortress walls firing daily. Escape the main tourist area and explore the narrow side streets which are full of tiny shops and cafés.
The garden areas in Valletta are not to be missed. The Upper Barrakka Gardens, Hastings Gardens & the Lower Barrakka Gardens are popular garden areas to visit. They can get crowded and the popularity of Game of Thrones where scenes were shot have drawn even more visitors to these locations. St John's co-Cathedral & museum are draws for many travelers. The beautifully adorned church includes the world famous artistic masterpieces by Caravaggio and Mattia Preti.
Mediterranean Cruise Itineries
Traveling across the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise is one of the best ways to see islands and coastal areas of southern Europe. Think of a cruise as a reconnaissance expedition where you are visiting many destinations, albeit on a limited time in port, to get feet on the ground and experience the location. After a cruise you can make a decision to return to those locations that you feel deserve a deeper immersion in the culture and surrounding areas with a land-based trip. We recommend that when you consider a Mediterranean cruise that you select one that is 10 or more days. This provides you the best value with better port destination options. Our recent Mediterranean cruise included the ports of Barcelona Spain, Livorno(Florence) Italy, Rome Italy, Naples Italy, Dubrovnik Croatia, Corfu Greece, Sicily Italy, Valletta Malta, and Cagliari Sardinia, Italy.
30 Amazing Reasons To Visit Malta
Planning to visit Valletta Malta while on a cruise? Our collection of photos below visually explores our travels during a 1-day visit to Malta. Our visit started with a trip to Mdina by bus and then wandering the beautiful fortress port of Valletta. Take a look at what we found. If you would like a free postcard of one of the images below, just fill out our request form and mention the photo by title.
- Architecture in Mdina Architecture in Mdina
- Valletta Battery Fire Valletta Battery Fire
- Cruise Ship in Valletta Port Cruise Ship in Valletta Port
- Carnival Horizon in Malta Carnival Horizon in Malta
- Castille Hotel Castille Hotel
- Evoking Ceiling Art in Mdina Evoking Ceiling Art in Mdina
- Carmelite Church Carmelite Church
- Relax on Fortress Walls Relax on Fortress Walls
- Streets of Valletta Streets of Valletta
- Fortress Walls Surround The Ships Fortress Walls Surround The Ships
- Classic City Life Classic City Life
- Red Accents in Mdina Red Accents in Mdina
- Port Side Views Port Side Views
- Palace Armory Guard Palace Armory Guard
- Amazing Patio Views Amazing Patio Views
- Fort St. Elmo Fort St. Elmo
- Port Navigation Port Navigation
- Enjoy Captain Morgan Enjoy Captain Morgan
- Elevated Views in Black and White Elevated Views in Black and White
- Malta Ship Flag Malta Ship Flag
- Valletta Welcome Valletta Welcome
- Morning Arrival in Malta Morning Arrival in Malta
- Red Flair in Malta Red Flair in Malta
- Scale The Fortress Scale The Fortress
- Cruise Port Valletta Malta Cruise Port Valletta Malta
- Ready Set Shot Ready Set Shot
- Doors of Malta Doors of Malta
- Valletta Welcomes You Valletta Welcomes You
- Siege Bell War Memorial Siege Bell War Memorial
Celebrity Cruise 11–Night Europe Cruise in August 2019 includes Malta and Greek Islands
Royal Caribbean 12-Night Europe Cruise in May 2019
SomedayTrips® Travel can help you plan that perfect Mediterranean Cruise. Contact Us for more details.