Photo Gallery Tour of the Washington DC Memorials
Plan Your Visit Now To See These Impressive Sites
click any photo to start the slideshow and learn more
- FDR Memorial FDR Memorial
- Symbol of The Great Depression Symbol of The Great Depression
- Navy Merchant Marine Memorial Navy Merchant Marine Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial Lincoln Memorial
- Washington Monument Washington Monument
- Arlington National Cemetery Arlington National Cemetery
- Lincoln Memorial Through the Trees Lincoln Memorial Through the Trees
- The Blocks at the FDR Memorial The Blocks at the FDR Memorial
- U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial
- Jefferson Memorial in Spring Jefferson Memorial in Spring
- Korean War Veterans Memorial Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Platoon Platoon
- Face of the War Face of the War
- Abraham Lincoln Abraham Lincoln
- Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Martin Luther King Jr Memorial
- Snow-covered Cemetery Snow-covered Cemetery
- The Reflecting Pool The Reflecting Pool
- World War II Memorial Pillars World War II Memorial Pillars
- WWII Memorial in Memorial Parks WWII Memorial in Memorial Parks
- The Atlantic Arch - WWII Memorial The Atlantic Arch - WWII Memorial
So put on your walking shoes and stroll along the National Mall starting at the Lincoln Memorial and ending at the Washington Monument and along the way visit the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and the World War II Memorial. Then walk or bicycle over to the Tidal Basin to visit the Jefferson Memorial, the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial.
These scenic routes to see the many grand and iconic monuments and memorials around Washington DC will surely not disappoint. It is easy to understand why visitors come by the throngs from all over the world all year to visit these majestic tributes to the U.S. Presidents and veterans of wars.
Best Time To Visit DC
One of the best times to visit Washington DC to see these memorials is in Spring when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom. Take a look at our video and photo tour of the DC Cherry Blossoms with some tips and hints on how to get around.
We also highly recommend taking a look at this awesome travel video of Washington DC. We think it is one of the best in our collection of curated travel videos. It is beautifully produced and edited and includes 19 reasons why you should visit Washington DC. Best of all, it takes you on an amazing and inspiring timelapse tour of some of these memorials by night and by day.
To help you plan your trip to Washington DC, the official travel website for DC provides information on where to stay, where to eat and much more.